The Students and New Archives Professionals Section is pleased to announce the results of its latest election:
Vice Chair/Chair-Elect: Elena Colon-Marrero
Secretary: Adriana Flores
Steering Committee: Emily Kintigh, Gayle Schechter, Dani Stuchel
If you are interested in a position within the SNAP Steering Committee, including social media and SNAP blog editor positions, keep an eye out for the call for nominations for ex-officio positions in a couple of months!
Guest author: Elena Colon-Marrero
SAA’s Annual Meeting is approaching fast. Whether you’ll be attending in Portland or following along from work/home, there are several ways to share the experience with others.
Wherever you are:
- Follow #saa17 on Twitter for tweets from throughout the conference, and session-specific hashtags (e.g. #s101) for sessions of interest. You can find a list of sessions at https://archives2017.sched.com/, and SNAP recommended sessions at https://archives2017.sched.com/newarchivists.
- Follow – and participate! – in our section meeting on Wednesday, July 26 from 2:30pm – 3:45pm via Twitter using #snaprt.
- Follow #snaprt and @SNAP_Section for SNAP-related tweets throughout the conference.
- Check out our list of SNAPers and friends of SNAP who plan on live-tweeting during the conference. You can subscribe to the list itself, or use it to find new tweeters to follow.
- Follow other SAA Sections for their updates during the conference.
- After the conference, stay turned for session recaps on the SNAP Section blog.
- Planning to live-tweet? Send a tweet or DM to @SNAP_Section to be included on the list of live-tweeting SNAPers and friends.
- Tweet using #saa17 during the conference. For SNAP-related content, use #snaprt as well.
- Take photos you want to share on our Twitter and Facebook pages? Email them to Elena Colon-Marrero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you during #saa17 in person or online!
Please join the Students and New Archives Professionals (SNAP) Section for a #snaprt Twitter chat on mental health of students and new professionals on Monday, May 15 at 8pm ET. We hope to continue the conversations started by many others and offer another forum to connect with one another.
We welcome everyone to join or keep up with our chat using the #snaprt hashtag on Twitter. The SNAP Section Twitter account will pose main questions such as:
What barriers are there to discussing stress or mental health issues with peers, supervisors, or others?
What safe spaces are available to recharge, talk about causes of stress, or ongoing issues?
What can others do to support their colleagues and peers? How have others supported you?
What should SAA, sections, or other professional orgs do to help archival professionals?
When do you know it is time to step away from activities, job, profession, etc.?
For the January 26, 2017 #snaprt chat, we discussed the benefits and challenges of remote internships. Thanks to those of you who chimed in and shared tips and experiences. SNAP Senior Social Media Coordinator Elena Colón-Marrero created a Storify that you can view here.
Be sure to check out our upcoming SNAP Chats on February 15th and February 27th!
For the April 13, 2016 #snaprt chat, we covered using archival resources in the classroom. Junior Social Media Coordinator Elena Colón-Marrero has created a Storify, which can be viewed here.