For the November 9, 2017 #snaprt chat we discussed the professional job search. Thank you to everyone who participated and shared their tips and experience! You can read our Wakelet recap here.
Here some resources that got tweeted out:
- Elusive Archives Job Blog
- SLA/CUA Cover Letter and Resume Workshop
- Interview Questions Repository
- Archives Gig Blog
- I Need A Library Job Website
- Article: Why Women Don’t Apply for Jobs (HBR)
And check out articles on the SNAP Blog about job hunting and employment:
- Landing a Job in a Business Archives
- [Ask an Archivist]: How valuable is an online presence during a job hunt?
- [Ask an Archivist]: How to Handle the Expected Salary Range Question on Applications
- Persistence and Perspicacity: Lessons I Learned on the Archival Job Hunt
- Advice from a Seasoned Archivist, Pt. 3
- Managing Your Career: One Archivist’s Journey, Pt. 2
- Rocking the Phone Interview
- The Application Process: Keywords and Addressing the Requirements in the Job Advertisement
Check out our next SNAP Chat on 11/20 about appraisal!