Please join the SAA Students and New Archives Professionals Section for the next #snaprt with the Business Archives Section Twitter chat on Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 8pm EST. We will be chatting about the work and role of business archivists.
- Q1: How can archivists raise awareness of the value of business archives?
- Q2: How do you think business archives differ from other archives?
- Q3: How can business archivists and other archivists work together?
- Q4: What comes to mind when you think of business archives?
- Q5: Do you think business archives face an uncertain future?
- Q6: Is there value in archiving business records within a private institution?
We welcome everyone to join or keep up with this chat using the #snaprt hashtag on Twitter. If you would like to have a discussion topic included in this chat, please send it to @SNAP_Section on Twitter, submit it through the anonymous form on the SNAP chat webpage or e-mail the SNAP Junior Social Media Coordinator at email@example.com.
Here some resources related to business archives you might want to check out. Please share additional resources using #snaprt on Twitter or through the SNAP listserv.
- Advocating Business Archives Toolkit: http://www2.archivists.org/groups/business-archives-section/advocating-business-archives-toolkit
- The Future Role of Business Archives: http://naringslivshistoria.se/en/cfn-news/future-role-business-archives/
- Directory of Corporate Archives: http://www2.archivists.org/groups/business-archives-section/directory-of-corporate-archives-in-the-united-states-and-canada-introduction
- Ad Age Article on Business Archives: http://adage.com/article/news/archivists-advocate-marketers/294778/