Please join the SAA Students and New Archives Professionals Section for the next #snaprt Twitter chat on the Academy of Certified Archivists (ACA) certification exam on February 6, at 8 pm ET. Join us to share tips and tricks if you’ve already taken the exam, or get questions answered and find study partners if you’re taking the exam this summer.
We welcome everyone to join or keep up with our chat using the #snaprt hashtag on Twitter. The SNAP Section Twitter account will pose questions such as:
- What are the benefits of becoming ACA certified?
- How necessary do you feel it is to become ACA certified?
- What are some study tips/study goals you have for taking the ACA exam?
- What are some of the best readings to prepare for the exam?
- Would you recommend study groups? Are there people interested in finding study partners?
If you would like to have a discussion topic included in this chat, please send it to @SNAP_Section on Twitter, submit it through the anonymous form on the SNAP chat webpage or e-mail the SNAP Junior Social Media Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here some resources related to next week’s chat you may want to check out. Please share additional resources using #snaprt on Twitter or through the SNAP section SAA listserv.
- The Academy of Certified Archivists
- 2016-2017 Handbook for Archival Certification
- “How I Conquered the Certified Archivist Exam” by Michael Barera
- “Find a Study Partner for the ACA Exam!” on the SNAP blog
- Mott Linn (2015) Not Waiting for Godot: The History of the Academy of Certified Archivists and the Professionalization of the Archival Field. The American Archivist: Spring/Summer 2015, Vol. 78, No. 1, pp. 96-132.