What Career Center services at the 2016 Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting would be most helpful to you? Please join the Students and New Archives Professionals (SNAP) Roundtable for a #snaprt Twitter chat on Thursday, March 24, from 8-9 PM ET to help shape the upcoming Career Center. Students and new archives professionals are one of the Career Center’s target audiences, so the SAA Career Development Subcommittee is seeking our input. Subcommittee member, Melissa Gonzales (@gonzoarchivist), will be on hand to respond to feedback and share it with the Subcommittee in planning the Center.
The Career Center typically offers one-on-one resume counseling on an appointment or walk-in basis, a private area for job interviews, a board with job advertisements, and a place to file your resume from 7 AM-5:30 PM during the conference. Other offerings have included a “funder’s corner” to discuss grant opportunities and the Digital Preservation Drop In table where people can network and share information regarding electronic records issues.
We welcome everyone to join or keep up with our chat using the #snaprt hashtag on Twitter. The SAA Career Development Subcommittee also welcomes you to send in feedback until April 15 via Google survey if you do not participate in the chat.
The SNAP Roundtable Twitter account (@SNAP_Roundtable) will pose the following questions:
- If you have used the Career Center before, what did you like or not like? What services would you like to see this year (even if they haven’t been offered previously)?
- For students, what kinds of support would be helpful to you? How might the Center supplement or differ from career support in your degree programs?
- For new professionals, what kinds of support or advice would be helpful to you, especially without the availability of your degree program career services?
- How might the Center meet the needs of those who do not attend the conference?
- Additional questions or suggestions?
Please see the SNAP RT chat webpage for more information about #snaprt Twitter chats. Any questions or suggestions regarding this chat may be emailed to SNAP RT Senior Social Media Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted through the anonymous form on the SNAP RT chat webpage.