As a reminder, the next #snaprt chat will take place this Sunday, October 25 at 8 PM EST. The topic will be “managing digital special collections and university archives.” Possible topics may include the following:
- What tools and training are important in this line of work? What can students do to prepare themselves?
- What common challenges do archivists face in preserving and providing access to digital collections? What are some of the most exciting aspects of this work?
- Where can new archivists look for advice when developing workflows or working with legacy media?
- What differences are there between managing digital university archives and special collections?
- What kinds of challenges do individuals face in managing their personal digital materials? What kinds of guidance can or should special collections archivists offer?
If you want to look over a few readings, the suggested list is here. We welcome other topical suggestions via Twitter using #snaprt as a hashtag.
See you Sunday night!